Friday, March 13, 2009




We just got in stock some amazing new work from Pittsburg artist Mike Egan. I was drawn to his work in that is seems very bright and almost happy in a way. After accepting his work I looked futher at his site and found that his subject matter deals with life and death and religion things we typically do not showcase here. I tend to go for cute stuff like a smiling piece of toast. How does his work fit? I'm not really sure but I am happy it does.



Below is a bit from his bio:
I've been working in funeral homes for the last five years and I've become quite familiar with all three subjects. (Life, death and religion) Through funerals we tend to celebrate not only someone dying but we also celebrate that persons life. Through religion we hope that our loved ones are in a better place, that they are not suffering anymore.

Mike Egan

No comments: