Sunday, December 28, 2008

Where can I get my artwork printed?

Here is another question I get asked for artists:
I really want to make t-shirts and posters of my work. Where do I get things silk-screened?

We have not used all of these companies so you might have to do a bit of searching to see if you feel there quality is up to your expectations.

There are two different types of sources for this. You can get items produced on demand or you can purchase in bulk.

Production on-demand is used when you want to list items only online. Typically these sites offer to produce work for a base price, then you mark up the item to a retail price and keep the difference. This is a great option as you have no investment cost, but you do need a market that is willing to purchase your work online without viewing it in person first.

Cafe Press

Image Kind

My Soti

Zazzle


Purchase in bulk is done when you would like to have your product available to sell at fairs, shows, or at retail venues. The advantage of this option is that customers are often more likely to make a purchase if they see a piece in person. The drawback is that you will need to invest your funds up front.

Seattle Venues
Gorilla Print Shop

Pork Chop Screen Printing

No comments: